Sliced Up Press is not open to unsolicited submissions.
Any submissions which do not meet the stated guidelines below will be rejected without reply, as will any unsolicited submissions before or after the closing date given.
Sliced Up Press is looking for short stories involving cake for its debut horror fiction anthology, Slashertorte: An Anthology of Cake Horror, edited by Ben Walker.
Delicious as cake might be, we want you to bring out the darker side of baked goods and give us something scary, disturbing or just plain wrong.
What we’re looking for:
- All submissions must be in the horror genre. While bizarro, splatterpunk and extreme horror are welcomed, we will not consider stories involving rape or bestiality.
- We are especially interested in stories from under-represented groups in horror i.e. women, BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ authors.
- All submissions must be original. We will not accept reprints, or stories published elsewhere including on blogs, social media etc.
- No reworked pizza stories please.
- Submit your best work in standard manuscript format, as an MS Word .doc or .docx attachment.
- Authors may submit one story maximum for consideration. Do not re-send rejected stories.
- No simultaneous submissions.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & TERMS:
Please email submissions to email@example.com using the following format in the email subject line:
Submission: [author’s name] – [story title] – [word count]. (so your email should look like this: Submission: Joe Bloggs – Cake or Death – 1,500 words)
In the body of the email, please include an author bio of 3-4 sentences maximum.
Length: 2,000 words maximum – longer pieces will not be considered.
Deadline for submissions: 1st November 2020, or until filled
Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection by 30th November 2020 at the latest.
If you have not heard back by the closing date of 30th November 2020, your story has been rejected. If you do receive a rejection, it will be a form letter – we will not critique your story.
Please do not email to enquire after your submission, unless you want to withdraw your story.
No exclusivity will be sought. Authors retain all rights to their works after publication.
Reminder: Sliced Up Press is not open to unsolicited submissions.
Any submissions which do not meet the stated guidelines above will be rejected without reply, as will any unsolicited submissions before or after the closing date for this anthology.